The Plan of the High Court was drawn up by Shankar Lal of Jaipur and the local engineer who executed the design was Mehar Ali Fazil. The construction started on 15 April 1915 and was completed on 31 March 1919. On 20 April 1920 the High Court building was inaugurated by Nizam VII Mir Osman Ali Khan.
While digging the foundation for the High Court, ruins of the Qutb Shahi Palaces, namely Hina Mahal and Nadi Mahal were unearthed. The High Court looks beautiful and impressive from the Naya Pul Bridge at sunset.
After its construction, a silver model of the High Court with a silver key was presented to the Nizam VII Mir Osman Ali Khan by the Judiciary during the Silver Jubilee Celebrations in 1936. The facsimile of the buildings was perfectly carved in a thick sheet of silver weighing about 300 kg. The model is now in the Nizam's Museum.
The main building of the High Court was constructed in the year 1919 by the then Nizam’s Government accommodating Six Judges besides accommodation for the Office Staff, record rooms and Advocates’ Hall
As the number of cases increased, the strength of Judges, Staff and Advocates and Law Officers had also risen. To provide for additional court halls, Annexe buildings were constructed now termed as “A” block and “B” block. Each block has 8 court halls and 8 chambers for the Hon’ble Judges.The A.P. Adminstrative Tribunal also was initially located in the same building.